Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hectic! Crazy! ... soooo Busy!


Crazy ...
.
It's just crazy ... Christmas is here (almost), Mum's flat out with the kennels, the Summer heat is dictating our routines (with exercising the dogs, watering, training - everything has to be either really early or really late!), everything is growing before our eyes ... meaning more gardening, mowing, raking, weeding ... work is full on - I'm working all the public holidays this Christmas, including New Years Day on a 4am start (so there'll be no New Years Eve celebrations for me this year!), it's just never-ending!
.
Anyhow, it's been a while since my last post - I've been really busy! - it’s been an interesting few weeks … with trying to fill my bosses shoes whilst she was sunning herself in beautiful Queensland and a number of unexpected airport shifts, I’ve hardly had time to scratch myself, let alone find the time to play with Party (as she grows up before my eyes!) and then trying to get enough sleep to keep functioning without losing every last bit of the little amount of patience that I have left!
.
I have found time, however, to take some video of some of the kids in the backyard ... check them out at our You Tube channel ...
.
"Who let the dogs out?" - Krash & Chilli playing
.
"Hunter & the Girls" - BC's Hunter, Delta, Summer & Ticket
.
Krash "Hunting Ants" (you wouldn't believe where Krash finds ants!
.
Party "Duck Diving" – toys in the water bucket!
.
Lights!
.
We've finally got the power connected to the kennels (it’s only taken us 3 years!) so now we’re lit up like a Christmas Tree (just in time for Chrissy) ... and geeze it makes like easier! You don't realise what you make do without until you have it.
.
Detector Dogs
.
Our detector dogs for work finally arrive 1st January! I’m looking forward to finally getting into it and doing what I came to the job for. With 2 months of “handler training” scheduled for January/February to look forward to, being paid to play with dogs, the new year is looking promising already … a new year and a fresh start in more ways that one!
.
Happy Birthday Crash-Man!
.
Cash had his 10th birthday yesterday, 12th December ... wow, that means it's that long (10 years) that I've been competing in agility?!!! Thats a decade! Hmmm .... well, Cash isn't any worse for wear, even tho retired from agility years ago he's still thoroughly enjoying the comforts of home ... sleeping on the bed, still bossing the girls around (the boys bash him up!), bench surfing in the kitchen (when we let our guard down ... and oh my, he has done some serious bench surfing damage!!!), and just simply couch potatoing wherever he can.
.
My "Heart Dog" ... who weaved his way into my heart, showed me the passion of dog training and taught me so much ... bless him!
.
Agility
.
Last night was the last agility trial of the year for us. Ticket & Carrie were entered and good ol' reliable "Carrie Dalmatian" gained another Qualifyer in Masters Jumping ... only one more Q and she's achieved her JDM2! I think she really enjoyed herself on this run ...
.

She's such a fun dog to work with ... she really takes the pressure off after running a dog like Ticket who is so unpredictable, and regularly knocks bars ... it's actually a nice change sometimes, to run with a dog like Carrie that only needs clear course direction, rather than micro managing and continual support!
Even so, Ticket also did some lovely runs, although no qualifying rounds, but some really nice work. Here's a couple of her runs ...


.
Not sure if I'll get time to post again before Christmas/New Year ... so here's wishing you all a very Merry and Safe Christmas and a Happy New Year! Love to all your families and friends and not forgetting your friends and relatives far and wide!
.

No comments: