Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Beeeep! Beeeep! Beeeep! Beeeep! Beeeep!

Beeeep! Beeeep! Beeeep! Beeeep! Beeeep!
Don't you just love that sound first thing in the morning?!
... especially at 2.30am?!


Well, I’m half way thru my 2nd week of my first airport shift!
4am starts …

I never realized just how many people are actually out and about on the road at 3am. There are some positives ... ummm, the radio still plays some great songs, I have the bathroom all to myself and you don’t have to fight the hum-drum of peak hour traffic.


It’s certainly a matter of discipline, working out when to catch your sleep and making sure that you do. I have a whole new appreciation for all of those shift workers out there whose worlds revolve around shift work jobs that keep our world ticking over.

Now, just got to figure out how to get up without disturbing the rest of the household!

Hmmm, back to normality next week … well, as normal as my life could ever be!


No comments: