Friday, April 24, 2009

Look after your Teef!

Over the last couple of weeks my brain has been obsessed with the fact that I had a visit to the dentist coming up. Well, I am absolutely terrified of going to the Dentist, not that I don’t like dentists, they all seem very nice when you meet them, actually I don’t know exactly what it is that makes me lose so much sleep, break out into a cold sweat, tremble, shiver, shake and want to be sick … if only I knew exactly what it was that terrified me so much I would probably be able to control these feelings … maybe.

I psyche myself up and tell myself that it’s not the end of the world, it’s not going to kill me, people go to the dentist every day and come out alive!!!

Whatever, I just can’t handle it! It’s taken over my life over the past two weeks and there’s nothing I could do about it!

Well … here I am! I’ve been to the dentist (yesterday) and I’m still here! Now, finally I can get back to “normal” and get on with my life!

Anyway, before I move on to doggy posts, that have been absent whilst I had my little dentist crisis, I have to share my dentist experience with you …

The last time I went to a dentist, a couple of years ago, she told me to come back in a few months to start root canal treatment … well, needless to say, she NEVER saw me again! I ran, as fast as I possibly could, the other direction, never to return … then THAT TOOTH started to hurt and gradually got more sensitive … so I started my research to find a nice, understanding, gentle, caring dentist who might tell me something different to the last one!

Well, I found this dentist who practices “sleep dentistry”. They basically put you to sleep whilst they do all the horrible stuff! Yeah! I’m in for that … so I toddled off to meet him. He even told me that I didn’t need a root canal - just a cap (which is just as expensive!) Anyhow, with “sleep dentistry” they are able to do two or three visits worth of work …and that’s what they did. I don't have get all worked up about it again and again going back lots of visits.

All I need to do now is return in a couple of weeks to get the real cap put on – apparently a simple, quick procedure and supposedly painless! He'd better be right!!!

So I guess I’ll be making sure I keep up my regular visits to the dentist from now on, seeing I don’t have to be so terrified!

No comments: